Profile of Manoj Kumar Sahu
Manoj was born in a joint family of late Lingaraj Sahu and Gahala Sahu (grandparents) at Barguda village near Barpali the land of Gangadhar Meher in Bargarh district. His grandfather was a very emotional and religious person. He loved his land, animals and rustic life and was content.
His father Shri Rama Chandra Sahu is retired employee of RCMS Bargarh, and he is a reputed kirtan singer and an actor too. His sister, Mrs. Sharmishtha Sahu is a well known poetess of Odisha. She is recognized by the National Sahitya Kala Academy.
Manoj is a proud father of two lovely daughters, Paripoorna and Sampoorna. And his better-half, Seema is very supporting.
After completing his B.F.A from Utkal University and M.F.A from Khairagarh, he moved to Delhi to make his career in Art. He has done many National and International shows. He says, his visit to Russia was a special experience among those which connected him to the whole world under one roof.
Manoj thinks all the art forms belong to the nature and all the art lovers can be an artist. He paints to express his ideologies about the present condition of our mother nature, which depicts that all are away from natural environment and are forced to live in the artificial world.
He wants his work to be visually captivating and at the same time not just be a visual pleasure.
His art creates an atmosphere of the world in itself where the views can get in, be there for a while and must idealistically carry home the experience.
His art portrays the realities of life, the present situation of life created by pollution, global warming, shrinking space, not only for human, but also for birds and animals.
Every day, every time, he remembers his beautiful village and his childhood friends. He becomes nostalgic to remind “SITAL SHASTHI” and “DHANUYATRA” of his native place.
His dream is to go back to his native land and make a small house there with a beautiful studio for the art work. And his extreme dream is to make a beautiful and peaceful world all around.
Education: B.F.A , B.K College Of Art & Craft , Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
M.F.A , I.K.S University, Khairagarh, Chattisgarh.
• International Art Symposium at PENZA, RUSSIA. 2013
• Face India International Art Festival, N.Delhi, INDIA.
• Rhythm , painting exhibition, Art Entrance,Kalaghoda , Mumbai, 2013
• Colour Splash, painting exhibition at Lalit Kala Academy, N.Delhi. 2012
• The Lexicon Art , Exhibition of painting & sculpture, Embience Mall , Gurgaon. 2012
• SHRADDHANJALI, visual tribute to Guru, Prof. ByomokeshMohanty, Bhubaneshwar , Odisha.2012
• Paint For Justice, painting exhibition , NijhWorld, A.I.F.A.C.S , N.Delhi , 2012
• Music Moods ,exhibition of paintings & sculptures, A.I.F.A.C.S, N.Delhi
• Soul Control , exhibition of painting , NijhWorld, M2K, N.Delhi. 2012